MDMA scientifically known as 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine is better known as a empathogenic medication of the amphetamine and phenethylamine group of drugs. Recently it has become commonly known as ‘ecstasy’ usually making reference to its street-pill-form.The name “molly” relates to MDMA in crystalline or powder form, usually indicating a higher degree of purity.
MDMA can stimulate euphoria, a feeling of intimacy with some people, and receded anxiety. Many scientific studies, particularly in the areas of cognitive therapy and psychology , have proposed that MDMA has restorative/therapeutic benefits and encourages therapy sessions in some individuals, a process for which it had previously been used. Scientific trials are now screening the therapeutic possibilities of MDMA for post-traumatic-stress-disorder (PTSD) and anxiety connected with terminal cancer.
MDMA is prohibited in most countries. Sale ,possession and manufacture of MDMA may lead to criminal prosecution. Limited exclusions exist for medical and scientific research. According to a UN report released in 2008 ,an estimated 10 to 25 million people around the world were found to have used MDMA at least once. This correlated well to the number of cocaine,opioid and amphetamine users. Molly is taken number of contexts and is commonly linked with “raves ” or dance parties and electronic-dance music.
Regulatory government bodies in various locations round the world have permitted medical studies providing MDMA to humans to study its therapeutic capabilities and its effects
The principal effects linked to MDMA consumption are fairly predictable and steady among users. Normally, users report experiencing effects within 25-40 minutes after consumption, reaching a peak at roughly 2 -3 hours,attaining a plateau which lasts about 2–3 hours.
Once the drug settles in the system many users record feeling exhaustion; other, more long lasting effects like decreased mental capacity, paranoia,lasting sensitivity to light,along with reduced cognitive ability are also reported.
The Most Typical Effects Noted by Molly Drug Users Include:
- A basic and subjective change in consciousness
- A powerful sense of self-acceptance and inner peace.
- Diminished anxiety,fear, and insecurity
- Excessive mood swing with accompanying fervor
- Feelings of compassion,empathy,and feelings of forgiveness towards others
- Feelings of closeness and love for people
- Enhanced self-confidence
- Involuntary eye movements( Nystagmus)
- Substantial improvement of the admiration of music quality
- Mild psychedelia, composed of mental auditory,imagery and visual distortions
- Auditory,hyperactivity and Stimulation.
- Increased endurance and energy.
- Increased drive ,desire,and motivation
- Decreased pain sensitivity(Analgesia)
- Mystical or Spiritual experiences
Effects noted by some users as soon as the extreme effects of MDMA have worn- off include:
- Anxiety and paranoia
- Impaired concentration,attention,focus, and , along with motivation and drive(due to exhausted serotonin levels)
- Recurring feelings of emotional sensitivity,empathy,and a feeling of love to others (after-glow)
- Vertigo or light-headedness.
- Loss of appetite
- Aches and pains, coming from extreme physical activity such as dancing
- Jaw discomfort, from bruxism
Upon over dose, the potentially critical stimulant psychosis,serotonin syndrome, as wells as hyper-tensive crisis, alongside other dangerous negative effects may become pronounced,Symptoms may include:
- Agitation,restlessness and and paranoia
- Hallucinations/ delusions
- Disorganized thinking
- Muscle rigidity
- Overreactive reflexes
Recommended Reading: How to Spot Drug Addiction