According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, six out of every 10 American Women are overweight and over one-third are obese. Excess weight can lead to diseases, health complications and disrupt sleep. The Group Health Cooperative in Seattle found that middle-aged women with a high body-mass index are twice as likely to be depressed. These organizations’ studies show that weight loss is important for women to ensure that they lead long, healthy and happy lives. Pursuing a weight loss regimen does not need to be difficult or even exceptionally rigorous. While it will take effort and time, you can achieve your ideal weight.
Effective Weight Loss Practices
The below seven easy weight loss practices for women are suggested to help easily incorporate your weight loss goals into everyday life.
- Don’t Exclude Foods, Include Them – According to David Grotto, author of “101 Optimal Life Foods,” adding in foods to your diet can be more effective than taking foods out of your diet. Denying yourself something you crave places a negative emphasis on proper nutrition. Conversely, adding foods to your regimen can have a profoundly positive effect. Instead of focusing on foods you can’t eat, focus on foods you instead can eat. Include a banana with your breakfast, almonds with your lunch and carrots with your dinner. Over time you’ll develop healthier tastes, which leads to a lasting healthy outlook on nutrition.
- Find a Moving Interest – Cardiovascular activities, usually known simply as “cardio,” are defined as any activity in which the body is engaged in consistent movement. Regularly engaging in some form of cardio is a proven way to lose weight. Find any type of consistent movement that you find enjoyable. Choose something in which you can regularly engage. Hiking, jogging, bicycling, swimming and rock climbing are all excellent ways to get your body moving. Once you’ve found your cardio activity, invest in a heart rate monitor to make the most of it. According to Jillian Michaels, the famous trainer and former “Biggest Loser” star, women’s optimal weight loss range is 80-85 percent of maximum heart rate when doing cardio.
- Explore Beyond the Gym – Gyms are excellent facilities to assist you in your weight loss goals. However, they are not the only way. People who do not enjoy gyms can explore other options of weight loss. Yoga studios offer a popular alternative. Pursuing martial arts are a time-honored method for losing weight and getting in excellent overall condition. Participating in a local team sports league will provide an enjoyable regular workout. Developing any physically demanding hobby willhelp you lose weight.
- Take Your Vitamins – It’s difficult to ingest the various foods that contain what our body requires every day. Supplementing your diet with a carefully crafted multivitamin from femnutrition.comwill help cover any gaps in nutrition that your food intake may miss. Women require different vitamins than men; ensure that you invest in a specially formulated multivitamin.
- Put in the Time – Achieving your weight loss goals won’t happen overnight. It will take consistent diet and exercise to shed pounds and build muscle. Mentally prepare yourself to make several lifestyle changes in order to lose weight. Anything less than a lifestyle change will not be enough.
- Have Realistic Goals – You can lose however much weight as you desire. However, having a far-off goal can be demoralizing. Instead, set several smaller goals. Make a weekly or monthly goal so you can regularly see your progress and feel encouraged. After enough time, your “far-off” goal will become next week’s goal.
- Change-Up Your Routine – Your daily routine can be used as a weight loss tool. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services suggests that you examine how you go about your day and identify areas to make your body move more. Below are several examples of ways to leverage your day to lose weight:
- Park further away from work and stores.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Play with your children and pets.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Walk to get lunch instead of ordering.
Losing Weight Can Be Easy!
Developing the right outlook, cardiovascular hobbies and an ideal diet are enjoyable and easy ways to lose weight. Slimming down doesn’t have to be strenuous or stressful. You can achieve your weight loss goals with a little time, effort and focus.
Jean Nguyen is a contributing writer and weight loss aficionado. She has been active in various types of fitness and tried many diets before finding weight-loss success.